Senior Quality Engineer
While this role is not currently open, we are always happy to speak with talented and interested individuals. Please submit your resume and we will reach out if there could be a potential fit for future openings.
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, Quality Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. For learning we do lots of things -- from weekly brown-bag lunches to hosting meetups and going to conferences. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
Senior Quality Engineer
The Quality Assurance team’s mission is to ensure Optoro is delivering the highest quality applications to its clients and customers every day. Daily operations involve automated and manual testing of BLINQ, BULQ and OptiTurn as well as other related applications. The Quality team works with product management to refine requirements to testable scenarios and ensures code delivered by developers lines up.
The Senior Quality Engineer’s responsibility is to ensure Optoro’s applications are bug-free and match the business requirements. Finding all the ways to break our systems and automate continuous destruction is the Quality Engineer’s bread and butter.
- Work with the Director of QA and cross-functional teams to craft and improve test practices
- Work with business users to define and refine requirements
- Create project test plans encompassing both manual and automated testing
- Write, execute and report progress of planned test cases
- Manage bugs in JIRA, including identification, logging, tracking and triaging
- Ensure all software deployed meets requirements and is bug-free
- Work with developers and DevOps to implement test automation
- 5+ years in in Software Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering
- 2+ years testing web applications
- Experience with a variety of testing tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Knowledge of automation tools like RSpec and Cucumber
- Experience with Agile, Ruby and gherkin
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from a 4 year college (or equivalent)
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top