Senior Mobile Applications Developer
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. For learning we do lots of things -- from weekly brown-bag lunches to hosting meetups and going to conferences. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
Senior Mobile Engineer
Optoro is looking for a highly motivated Senior Mobile Engineer who will apply their innovative ideas to helping build our mobile experience for users of Optoro’s enterprise software solution, data and analytics platform, and cutting-edge eCommerce sites BLINQ.com and BULQ.com. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
This position will require the Senior Mobile Applications Engineer to interface with other developers and Product Managers, program for the iOS/Android platforms, and provide insight into best practices for successful application deployment. If you enjoy working on products that will propel sustainable commerce forward, this is it.
We need our Engineers to be versatile, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic to tackle new problems across within the reverse logistics industry as we continue to push our technology forward each day.
- Programming for the iOS platforms, requiring familiarity with the latest iOS APIs, related tools, and best practices.
- Programming for the Android platform, requiring familiarity with the latest Android APIs, related tools, and best practices.
- Work with Product Management and other developers as part of a team to design practical solutions meeting business needs, deeply understanding the domain
- Help design, implement, and use RESTful APIs to communicate with our Ruby/Rails applications
- Ownership of Mobile Application Lifecycle. Insight into best practices for successful application deployment, upgrades. Active participation in monitoring and the production bug/crash triage deployment cycle.
- Other duties based on the needs of our growing company
- Is excited about creating an amazing mobile experience!
- Has extensive knowledge of Apple/Android SDKs, third-party libraries, and tools
- Has a deep understanding of Apple/Android 's Human Interface Guidelines
- Has experience developing mobile applications for the Enterprise
- Has demonstrated superior understanding of the Internet and web technologies
- Is passionate about good, clean code
- Has interest in learning other mobile platforms and other technologies used at Optoro (Ruby, etc)
- Has built and deployed apps for fun on their own time
- Truly understands open source and is passionate about open code
- Is comfortable with git and is not afraid of leaving the IDE
- Stays on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Will work locally in our Washington, DC office
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top