Senior Manager, Supply Chain Consulting
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Senior Manager of Supply Chain Consulting provides business development support and retail supply chain thought leadership within the Client Success team. The Senior Manager will use his/her supply chain knowledge, consulting or sales engineering experience, and acquired familiarity of Optoro’s solutions and services to help business development and account managers navigate deals and craft winning solutions for new business. The Senior Manager will be part of business-pursuit teams to write and present responses for solicited (RFP) and unsolicited opportunities, resulting in multi-year contracts with new clients.
Pursue and Win New Business
- Lead pre-sales initiatives including response strategy, business case development, resource mobilization and sales presentation to clients.
- Support business development team in client meetings as the supply chain subject matter expert, clarify client requirements, and help shape client thinking on reverse logistics
- Partner with business development to usher opportunities from pre-sales to contracting by architecting the right solutions to win new business
- Manage interactions with both internal resources and client resources; develop and maintain contact with top client decision makers in support of pre-sales projects
- Use and modify existing client pricing and profitability models to help business development arrive at the right price quotes to clients
- Develop solution details, program launch timelines and proposed pricing to both internal and external leadership teams to obtain deal approvals
- Use and edit Tableau business intelligence software to provide actionable reports for pricing analysis, proposals, and account management support
- Lead or help write proposals in Word or PowerPoint and jointly present program proposals to clients with business development
- Lead or help write Statement of Work (including service level targets and project implementation timelines) as part of contracting efforts for new business proposals
Improve Existing Product and Suggest New Product Enhancements
- Consolidate solution design requirements, direct client feedback and industry best practices into tangible solution enhancements; document enhancements requests, collaborate with product management and development to design and deliver solution enhancements.
- Articulate, contextualize, and champion client requirements that necessitate product enhancements and development with internal stakeholders
- Build ROI in support of requested enhancements and/or new features
- Assist in the prioritization of all enhancement requests and new feature/functions including roadmap development
- Identify trends common across different clients to help Product Management team improve existing Optoro solution with maximum impact
Provide Thought Leadership
- Actively participate in conferences and public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals; actively support corporate blog
- Author reverse logistics articles and/or benchmarking studies to use as lead generation tools
- Present studies in webinars and generate warm business development leads through such events
Guide Pilot Programs’ Success
- Support account manager on newly launched pilot programs by guiding him/her on data analysis and program performance updates that are provided to internal leaders and to clients
- 5-7+ years in consulting (client-facing), pre-sales support, supply chain management or retail operations management
- Demonstrated track record of being a consultative partner to heads of supply chain
- Superior communications skills and presentation skills
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. 3 or more years of experience using complex formulas and pivot tables to analyze data in Excel
- Strong quantitative analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Resourceful thinker who can seek creative ways to overcome challenges
- Thrive in a dynamic and fluid team environment
- Willing to travel up to 30-50% of time
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college (or equivalent) in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Finance, MBA preferred
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top