Senior Manager, Direct Sales
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Senior Manager, Direct Sales
The Direct Sales Team is responsible for selling large volumes of a wide variety of returns and excess client inventory through global wholesale channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Direct Sales, the Senior Manager, Global Direct Sales works on a team tasked with selling available inventory through the Direct Wholesale channel (both domestically and Internationally) in a manner that optimizes value and velocity according to Client and Optoro requirements. Responsibilities include managing and growing existing accounts, qualifying leads, and onboarding new buyers to meet the team’s inventory sell though goals. Looking for candidates with direct LATAM experience, preferably in the apparel, electronics and general merchandise categories.
- Sell a wide variety of products including, but not limited to general merchandise, home improvement and consumer electronics, in a mix of conditions, to optimal buyers
- Manage and grow existing buyer base
- Follow up on leads
- Find and add new buyers
- Collect required information/forms for new buyers
- Maintain buyer data in CRM
- Create inventory loads with a mix of optimal and challenged inventory to support inventory turn and value metrics
- Keep informed of current and potential inventory mix to ensure buyer pipeline is optimal and adaptable
- Prioritize specific “push” inventory, as instructed, to meet required velocity metrics
- Manage and monitor individual sales activities to ensure aging KPI’s are consistently met.
- Create orders for invoice creation and oversee collection of payment and goods according to established guidelines
- Manage post-sale problems resolution
- Continually collect and share market intel internally to assist with improving pricing algorithm for realistic market value
- Provide notification of potential pricing issues to ensure timely correction and ensure quick, fair recovery.
- Support new sales channel development
- Ability to work independently
- Have a keen sense of business with focus on revenue goals
- Creative problem solver
- Excel proficient to include V-Lookups
- Adept at aligning inventory with buyer needs
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Able to frequently reprioritize activities based on current client/company needs
- Strategic/creative thinker
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven track record of meeting set sales goals and growing business through growing existing accounts and adding new accounts
- Detail oriented focus and ability to execute and manage daily tasks to support sales velocity and a positive buyer experience.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience selling to buyers in LATAM
- 5+ years outside sales experience
- 3+ years selling reverse logistics inventory
- 3+ years managing sales people/team
- Excel and CRM platform experience
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top