Senior Director, Supply Chain Consulting
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Senior Director, Supply Chain Consulting
The Senior Director of Supply Chain Consulting will work closely with the Vice President of Solutions to deliver comprehensive reverse logistics services to clients. You will use your consulting, supply chain knowledge, or sales engineering experience, and acquired familiarity of Optoro’s solutions and services to help business development and account managers navigate deals and craft winning solutions for new business. The Director is expected to establish credibility internally and externally as a retail supply chain and reverse logistics subject matter expert.
- Lead strategic pre-sales initiatives including response strategy, business case development, resource mobilization and sales presentation to clients.
- Manage interactions with both internal resources and client resources; develop and maintain contact with top client decision makers in support of pre-sales projects.
- Manage pre-sale support analysis in collaboration with Business Development team; develop practical solutions to move the sales cycle forward.
- Consolidate solution design requirements, direct client feedback and industry standard methodologies into tangible solution enhancements and roadmap strategy; document improvements requests, collaborate with product management and development to design and deliver solution enhancements.
- Identify common trends across different clients to help Product Management team improve existing Optoro solution with maximum impact
- Lead overall implementation (enablement) management for newly contracted programs, including coordinating activities across internal departments and external client resources to ensure on-time, successful program launches.
- Support Solutions team to continuously improve implementation plans and training collateral.
- Perform the role of mentor and coach to junior managers, provide direct input to hiring and development of direct reports; actively participate in retention activities.
- Actively participate in conferences and public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals; support corporate blog
- 15+ years of relevant consulting experience within a credible consulting firm and/or internal consulting in retail supply chain
- Demonstrated track record of being a consultative partner to heads of supply chain
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. 3 or more years of experience using complex formulas and pivot tables to analyze data in Excel
- Strong quantitative analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Resourceful thinker who can seek creative ways to overcome challenges
- Ability to lead a team of people and aide in their development by providing constructive feedback, coaching and leading by example.
- Thrive in a dynamic and fluid team environment
- Willing to travel up to 30-50% of time
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college (or equivalent) in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Finance, MBA preferred
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top