Senior Director of Product
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Senior Director of Product
Do you have a passion for leading innovative product teams?
We are seeking a product leader who sits at the intersection of customer experience, current results, and future vision when evaluating ways to build our products. Join us as we revolutionize the online secondary market, what we call ReCommerce.
Core to our long-term strategy is building two world-class innovative brands - BLINQ.com and BULQ.com. As our eCommerce product leader, you’ll be charged with driving the vision and execution to continue to grow each brand to be the leader in the recommerce space - BLINQ.com for direct-to-consumer sales and BULQ.com for wholesale.
You will partner with our eCommerce marketing team and multiple cross-functional product teams to build amazing experiences on our sites as well as our 3rd party selling channels on Amazon, eBay, and more.
This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates with 6+ years of product management experience who want to be part of a rapidly growing company and make a significant impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Growing our leading consumer (BLINQ.com) and business to business (BULQ.com) eCommerce properties
- Staying abreast of market trends and instilling innovation into our products.
- Creating, evangelizing, and executing our product vision.
- Ensuring that our selling channels deliver on growth, revenue, and margin targets.
- Coaching multiple cross-functional teams through direct reports of product managers.
- Mentoring and developing product managers to meet their full potential.
- Conducting market research, a/b testing, and gathering feedback from our consumers.
- Managing the entire product development life cycle through multiple teams - writing user stories, testing new products and features, managing beta programs, contributing to product marketing materials, and supporting existing products.
- 6+ years of experience in product management.
- A keen sense, passion, and knowledge of brand, user experience, and design.
- Proven experience managing and supporting junior product managers.
- Fantastic interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A track record of applying a/b testing and data to deliver on key results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A champion of Agile methodologies and tools (i.e. Jira).
- Experience partnering with engineering teams as builders and maintainers of code.
- Experience in web, mobile web, and mobile native eCommerce applications a plus.
- Experience with marketplaces like eBay and Amazon a plus.
- Autonomous, open and curious mind, sense of humor encouraged.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer, Abel works on the company’s core product, writing software that helps connect the various back-end systems that drive the entire Optoro operation.
Back to top