Senior DevOps Engineer
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Optoro is looking for a highly motivated Senior DevOps Engineer who will apply their innovative ideas to helping with the scaling, automation, and stability of our environment. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
This position will require the Senior DevOps Engineer to interface with other developers, install, configure, tune, and monitor a variety of services, and ensure the security of systems. If you enjoy working on products that will propel sustainable commerce forward, this is it.
We need our Engineers to be versatile, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic to tackle new problems across within the reverse logistics industry as we continue to push our technology forward each day.
- Install, configure, tune, and monitor linux servers
- Install, configure, tune, and monitor a variety of services including:
- Web servers such as Apache, Nginx, and Unicorn
- Data systems including MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Redis
- Utility services like HAProxy
- Automate the above using tools like Chef
- Work with tools such as Docker, Triton, Terraform, Consul, AWS, and Illumos
- Monitor capacity usage of server and network resources and plan for future needs
- Assist developers in deployment and operalization of Ruby on Rails and other applications
- Ensure security of systems
- Keeping the lights on, while building out the next generation
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 10 years of Linux administration
- Experience with Chef or other automation framework
- Experience with services mentioned above
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Love for building, and breaking things
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top