Sales Development Representative
While this role is not currently open, we are always happy to speak with talented and interested individuals. Please submit your resume and we will reach out if there could be a potential fit for future openings.
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Are you seeking a successful high tech sales career, the opportunity to work with driven and smart people who will help you grow, and an unlimited earning potential?
We’re looking to hire a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will initiate customer acquisition, and also help build out this new function for the Company. A number of growth opportunities will be available for successful reps, including transitioning into our Business Development and Client Success teams.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and identify valuable leads from high target prospective clients
- Contact (call and email) a high volume of leads per day to ensure that they are fully aware of Optoro’s capabilities and qualify them to speak with a member of the Business Development team
- Articulate the Company’s value proposition to decision-makers at Fortune 500 companies to assess buying interest
- Follow up promptly with all leads (inbound and outbound) delivering a positive prospect experience with every interaction
- Work closely with the Business Development team to handoff qualified leads and schedule product demonstrations
- Continually increase industry knowledge and acumen to effectively position Optoro’s solution with each key buyer
- Keep full and accurate records of outreach and prospect conversations in the Company’s CRM
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with an understanding of the importance of building a positive image for both yourself and the Company
- Provide regular market feedback from prospect conversations to the Marketing team so that the Company’s messaging can continually be refined
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Motivated to meet and surpass goals
- Intellectually curious and a lifelong learner
- Ability to understand and promote technical offerings
- Works well with others in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of professionalism in all dealings
- Background in the retail industry a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
- Casual dress code at office in central DC
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top