Manager, Talent & Culture
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, the Manager, Talent & Culture develops and assists in onboarding, employee experience, benefit programs, and other human resources processes. This position is responsible for ensuring all talent related policies are consistently administered in compliance with government regulations, and also making recommendations to ensure the Talent & Culture function is industry-leading.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and execute annual open enrollment through collaboration with benefits brokers, ensuring that benefits are in line with the company’s strategic plans while also being attractive and competitive for employes
- Working with company counsel, serve as subject matter expert, refine company employment policies and processes, and conduct regular analysis / audits to ensure compliance with ERISA, EEO, ADA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, ACA, OSHA, FLSA, COBRA, etc
- Working with company counsel, ensure compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; maintain and audit employee file records; process verification of employment and unemployment claims
- Collaborate with the Payroll and Accounting teams to ensure accuracy in compensation, new hire processing, employee exits and benefit changes
- Engage with employees on benefits questions; serve as the main point of contact to managers on leave and compliance questions
- Manage FMLA, Short Term Disability, salary continuation, and personal leave programs in compliance with all statutory regulations and company policies
- Act as the main point of contact for HRIS maintenance and reporting and conduct regular audits to ensure data accuracy
- Project manage the employee onboarding and exit processes in collaboration with the Payroll, Tech, and Office Operations teams
- Serve as a main point of contact for staff regarding all talent related items including policies, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, and offboarding
- Assist in reporting efforts to analyze trends in the workforce, including quantitative and qualitative analysis to make improvements to the HR and business strategy
- Perform other talent & culture duties, and contribute to other team projects as needed and requested
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-6 years of experience in human resources, with start-up experience preferred
- Preferred experience in the design, funding, compliance, administration, and communication of employee benefits (health and welfare, 401(k), etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative developments related to human resources
- Experience owning and managing vendor/broker relationships
- Experience working closely with HRIS/payroll and legal departments
- Strong communication skills; comfortable liaising with and building relationships with various stakeholders including the staff, leadership team, office visitors, clients, investors, and board members
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Bias for action and proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and on a team
- Warmth, humble mentality, resourcefulness, impeccable judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top