Lead UX Designer
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Lead UX Designer (eCommerce)
Are you empathetic, decisive, and driven by the desire to create superb user experiences? Do you believe that great design + collaboration = team success? If so, keep reading.
The Lead UX Designer will join our design team, which reports directly to the Head of Design. You will work on one or more of our four brands touching mobile and desktop experiences. Collaborating closely with the team, you will evolve personas, capture requirements, sketch outflows, and interfaces, create wireframes/prototypes, and present solutions that optimize business performance and user satisfaction.
In a given week, you would...
- Plan and strategize with Head of Design, eComm leads, product managers, and dev leads the on design vision and upcoming projects.
- Occasionally lead workshops to drive project direction
- Collaborate with product teams (Product, Dev, QA and visual design) to lead them through your design process, Conduct and document research (user interviews, usability tests, personas and user scenarios, etc…) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
- Ideation: create design concepts (sketches, wireframes, sitemaps and task-based flows) that clearly unify audience and business goals.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user feedback.
- Coach and review work of eComm UX designers
- Lead learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Drive a future-forward approach on how we continue to improve our product offerings
A perfect candidate has...
- Deep knowledge in eCommerce with a proven track record (required).
- 5+ years of digital user-centered design experience.
- A degree in human-computer interaction, design, or commensurate experience.
- Online portfolio of work that demonstrates highly functional, creative design solutions, strong layout design, and solid information architecture across platforms.
- Samples of user-centric research and deliverables A track record of taking charge of entire features or products.
- Solid ability to embrace giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback and have strong communication skills to explain design decisions.
- Working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones, tablets, and wearables (a plus).
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, Online User Testing tools.
- Worked on a variety of mobile experiences.
- Flexibility and drive to quickly learn new skills to tackle a problem.
- A focus on continued learning; the ideal candidate will improve not only themselves but the teams around him or her.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top