Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the country, Optoro is revolutionizing the retail industry. Each year, 10-15% of all inventory is returned or deemed excess, which poses a $500B problem for retailers nationwide. Optoro's proprietary software & ecommerce platform provides a better way of dealing with those goods – delivering better value for clients, offering amazing deals to consumers and keeping items out of landfills.
Located in the heart of the nation's capital, we’re backed by some of the most prominent investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins & Revolution Growth. Our clients include many Top 50 retailers, and we're growing fast as we promote a more sustainable supply chain. We are looking for individuals with creativity, energy, and passion to help build a lasting company focused on the double bottom line.
Reporting directly to our Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, the Financial Analyst will be a key member of our team with the primary responsibility providing reporting, modeling, analysis and insights on business performance and operations capacity. The Financial Analyst will work directly with Client Success, Operations, and eCommerce which will provide unique exposure to many aspects of our company. This position will have the ability to interact with and influence senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial, hands-on approach who is also capable of collaborating with many different stakeholders to delve deep into operational and financial data to provide insights and inform business decision-making.
- Build and maintain complex financial and operational models based on analysis of variables including short and long-term revenue forecasts and capacity planning
- Work closely with business operations and client success to assess the financial impact of various client scenarios and refine existing models by analyzing the impact of changing client dynamics
- Prepare and distribute routine financial reports
- Build out new dashboards that visualize and analyze profitability in different segments of the company
- Identify company information gaps, perform analysis, and create and publish dashboards with accurate, relevant information to inform leadership decisions
- Investigate existing revenue sources and make recommendations to improve client recovery and present to senior leadership
- Collaborate with operations and identify areas for margin enhancements through analysis of direct costs such as labor and shipping costs
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 1-4 years of experience in an FP&A environment including strong financial analysis expertise
- Advanced user of Excel
- Experience in Tableau a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continual learning mindset
- Exceptional organization skills and innate attention to detail
- Experience in successful collaboration between finance and non-finance teams
- Strength in assessing integrity of data collected, analysis performed, and reports generated
- Track record of success taking initiative, solving problems and going above and beyond to get things done, especially under tight deadlines/time pressure
- Exceptional communicator both orally and in written communication
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top