Director, Supply Chain Consulting
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Director of Supply Chain Consulting will work closely with the Vice President of Solution Strategy to deliver comprehensive reverse logistics services to clients. This person is a hands-on team member who is constantly seeking to exceed expectations and ensuring the best client experience. The Director is expected to establish credibility internally and externally as a supply chain subject matter expert. The responsibilities of this position will be focused on continually improving our implementation techniques, promoting best practices, sharing expertise, delivering solution training, and influencing product development.
- Implementation Services: Lead overall implementation (enablement) management across all clients, set implementation objects and scope, assign implementation resources, develop work plans, coordinate activities across internal departments and external client resources, design and build deliverables, design and continuously improve training collateral.
- Solution Development: Consolidate solution design requirements, direct client feedback and industry best practices into tangible solution enhancements and roadmap strategy; document enhancements requests, collaborate with product management and IT development to design and deliver solution enhancements.
- Client Engagement: Lead strategic implementation initiatives including response strategy, resource mobilization and post launch support.
- Client Management: Manage interactions with client resources; develop and maintain contact with top client decision makers in support of program implementation and post sales support.
- Business Development: Manage pre-sale support analysis in collaboration with Business Development team; develop practical solutions to move the sales cycle forward.
- People Development: Perform the role of mentor and coach to junior resources, provide direct input to hiring and development of direct reports; actively participate in retention activities.
- Thought Leadership Development: Actively participate in conferences and public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals; actively support corporate blog.
- Develop, maintain and continuous improve effective client facing implementation collateral and implementation tools to achieve sustainable client results and deliver effective implementation services
- Establish deep knowledge of all Optoro solutions and services; leverage knowledge to effectively ramp clients and overcome solution design challenges
- Communicate and interact with a large number of client stakeholders; establish credibility with client stakeholders and develop “trusted advisor” status with client peers
- Oversee the development of project plans, project deliverables, and recommend innovative solutions within the context of the overall client solution
- Effectively manage day-to-day progress of implementation teams, engage with clients to keep them informed throughout the implementation process including progress updates
- Record, track, and resolve issues uncovered during the implementation process including reporting all outstanding issues and key resolution decisions to client management team
- Collaborate with Business Development, Account Management, Product Management, System Development and other various teams in evolving the end-user solution and overall operations
- Be available to the team on a daily basis for clarity on policy, procedures, tools, assistance with escalations, reviews and updates; motivate and encourage team through positive communication, feedback, and engagement activities.
- Plan, prepare and devise work schedules using budget and forecasting tools
- Provide support on an as-needed basis for responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Provide pre-sales support on an as-needed basis
- Serve as a mentor and coach to junior staff
- Travel to client sites (Travel up to 50%)
- Expertise in supply chain management with a focus on operations management and distribution / warehouse management
- 10+ years of relevant consulting experience within a top tier consulting firm or leading supply chain software solution provider
- Retail Industry experience
- Knowledge of integrated warehouse management solutions such as Manhattan, RedPrairie, SAP, Oracle, JDA or High Jump
- Proven ability to manage a team of people, ability to support the development of others, provide constructive feedback, coaching and be a role-model for others
- Demonstrate a client centric approach with excellent service skills and relationship building ability
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college (or equivalent) is required.
- MBA is preferred.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top