Director, Business Development
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Director, Business Development
We are looking to add a Director, Business Development to our growing team to help capitalize on the rapidly rising demand of our enterprise software solution. Reporting directly to the VP of Business Development, the DIrector will be responsible for prospect evaluation, coverage and development across a portfolio of enterprise accounts. We are looking for someone with a forward-thinking and strategic approach to solving business issues as well as a strong background in selling solution based software in retail, eCommerce or supply chain industries.
The Director, Business Development will be given quotas and new client acquisition targets, and will be a part of a team supporting lead generation and deal closing efforts for large retailers with a focus on consumer products. The successful candidate will be motivated by a passion for our client’s success, achieving quota goals and driving large enterprise software and service deals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the greater business development team to identify, cultivate, pursue, negotiate and close new opportunities within a given account portfolio
- Achieve assigned territory quota for signings and revenue plans
- Research territory and assigned accounts to identify market opportunities and buying trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate key target client executives to identify needs, educate, and influence solution strategy
- Properly qualify accounts to maximize an efficient sales cycle
- Develop win plans and strategies for key opportunities
- Develop and deliver custom sales presentations and demonstrations that influence strategy
- Work with the greater business development team to pull strategic accounts forward
- Choreograph and conduct on-site assessments of customer requirements and needs
- Accurately forecast and maintain accurate records in SFDC
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of solution sales experience, preferably within the retail, ecommerce, or supply chain industries along with consistent record of successful achievement of $1M+ quotas in green field accounts
- Proven client relationship management experience, including experience building pipeline and the ability to close transactions with prominent business executives at all levels
- Experience with large retailers, consumer product brands, and selling OEM products preferred
- A track record of success in “solution selling”, contracting, and delivering complex, multi-year, multi-product client engagements
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a highly matrixed environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and practice
- Willingness to travel up to 50% annually
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top