Business Operations Associate
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Business Operations Associate will support the Business Operations team in ensuring the success of client programs with Profit & Loss oversight over a portfolio of clients. The Business Operations Associate will be responsible for orchestrating successful program design and cross-functional execution to ensure that we meet both client and company financial goals.
Help evaluate opportunities and set strategy for new programs, including:
- Development of financial models, gathering inputs from pricing, operations, e-commerce, and other relevant departments
- Collaboration with Client Success to refine targets and participate in early client design sessions as appropriate
Analyze and assess ongoing program performance to identify business opportunities, flag potential issues, and ensure that we are hitting client goals and overall program success across all departments
Manage core components of program execution as follows:
- Pricing: validate / define initial pricing strategy and business rules; assess velocity and trigger Pricing Team to make adjustments as needed to meet recovery goals
- Content: monitor listing speed and accuracy
- Operations: coordinate / support warehouse operations, including identification of special considerations for inventory as well as collaboration to improve labor efficiency
- Channel optimization: monitor selling performance across channels vs. goals (recovery and velocity); collaborate cross-functionally to make adjustments as needed
- Selling: collaborate with ecommerce team to support selling strategy and set a marketing and promotions plan
- Reporting: support Client Success with key metrics and data for quarterly updates
Ongoing analysis into areas for improvement across departments, including proactive coordination with relevant departments to identify issues, thoroughly investigate them, propose solutions, and support GMs in rapid course corrections as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years relevant experience in banking, consulting, technology, or retail industry
- Proactive, self-starter that is able to manage self against goals and deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to cultivate positive working relationships across multiple departments
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau preferred
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top