Business Operations Associate
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Business Operations Associate will support the Business Operations team in ensuring the success of client programs by providing day-to-day oversight and driving strategic improvements for a portfolio of clients. The Business Operations Associate will work cross-functionally to ensure that we meet both client and company financial goals.
1) Help evaluate opportunities and set strategy for new programs, including:
- Development of financial models to forecast financial benefits to the client and company, gathering inputs from business development, solutions, operations, e-commerce, and other relevant departments
- Collaboration with Client Success to refine targets and participate in early client design sessions as appropriate
2) Analyze and assess ongoing program performance to ensure that we are hitting client goals and overall program success:
- Pricing: define initial pricing strategy and business rules in alignment with client recovery goals
- Channel optimization and inventory management: provide oversight to optimal channel mix of inventory and actively manage to sell-through targets
- Selling: collaborate with ecommerce team to support selling strategy and define a marketing and promotions plan
- Reporting: develop analysis on key performance insights and conduct regular account status meetings with Account Managers / clients to review performance & discuss key issues
3) Ongoing analysis into strategic improvement initiatives across departments, including proactive coordination with relevant departments to identify issues, thoroughly investigate them, propose solutions, and support in rapid course corrections as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years relevant experience in banking, consulting, technology, or retail industry
- Proactive, self-starter that is able to manage self against goals and deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to cultivate positive working relationships across multiple departments
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Tableau preferred
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top