Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our tight-knit accounting team. Beyond a solid understanding of debits and credits, we’re looking for someone with entrepreneurial spirit who seeks to understand our business as a whole. Do you understand the Accounts Payable process? Do you think quickly on your feet? Do you love to learn and want to grow? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then we’ve got an amazing opportunity for you.
- Accounts payable administration including entering and reconciliation of invoices and credit card charges in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinating with department leads to make sure that protocols are being followed and also be able to relate expense activity to actual on-the-ground outcomes
- Preparing check batches
- Being fully immersed in the payables process to help the company meet deadlines and improve efficiency
- Documenting and entering revenue transactions from third party partners
- Assisting with ad hoc financial projects
- Researching and resolving discrepancies
Your background includes, but is not necessarily limited, to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 1-3 years working experience in an Accounting function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail and enthusiasm for a variety of hands-on “in the weeds” projects
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel ability
- Proven record of proactivity and self-motivation in previous position(s) and an overall ability to prioritize and direct own work to meet deadlines and desired outcomes
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top