Tax Preparer ($500 Sign on Bonus)
Here at Optima Tax Relief, how our employees feel about their job is important to us. Maybe that is why we have been rated one of Orange County Register's Top Places to work for the past 3 years! In addition to our amazing and award-winning work culture, we are one of America's fastest growing private companies! Who are we here at Optima? We are the empathetic helpers, the go-getters, the work hard, play hard individuals of financial services and the advocate for our clients. One of our values is to operate in excellence and we are looking to hire individuals ready to represent with pride these qualities. We have several openings in our Orange County, California and Chandler, Arizona offices and we need people like you to help us grow!
Speaking of excellence, we are committed to delivering industry-leading experience with not only our employees but our clients as well. We are humbled and honored to have received the following awards:
- CEO Named a Top CEO by Glassdoor, 2018, 2019
- Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, 2018, 2019
- Orange County Register Top Workplaces, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- America's Fastest Growing Private Companies Winner of INC. 5,000, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Winner of the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award for Ethics
Why Optima Tax Relief:
- Strong Company Core Values
- Commitment to Positive Client Experiences
- Ethical Work is conducted with the Highest Level of Integrity...Always
- Strong Corporate Culture: Community Outreach, Interactive Wellness Program, Knott's Day...There's Always Something to Look Forward to!
- Employee Development and Potential Career Advancement
- Expansion, Innovation and Professional Growth!
A Day In The Life:
Our Tax Prepares play a vital role in providing tax compliance and reporting and are primarily responsible for individual and corporate tax preparation. You will be relied upon to provide reports in a timely and accurate fashion to sustain the needs of clients we service. You will work with various teams to deliver key components to provide resolution to our clients!
- Prepare Taxes in high quantity (Individual, Sch. C, Amended Returns, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries from existing clients and receive inbound calls for status updates
- Prioritize case load and assignments
- Collect and scan documents into Client's case file
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- A Strong Multitasker
- You Possess Excellent Organizational, Written, and Communication Skills
- Proficient and comfortable with office equipment (Computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Remain focused and productive in a fast-paced environment
- You Hold a Strong Work Ethic and are Committed to Excellence
- A Team Player
What Makes You Stand Out:
- REQUIRED: CTEC Licensed (Active) & PTIN
- Anywhere from 1-5 years of tax experience
- Experience with Lacerte Tax Preparation Software
What We Offer:
- $17-$21/ hour DOE + Monthly Commission AND $500 Sign- On Bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance
- 401K and Company Match Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Hardship Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Optional Holidays)
- Career Opportunities
- Award Winning Work Culture!
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and standard office supplies. While working in the office, the setting is a standard office environment with low to moderate noise levels and temperature controlled.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee is required to sit at desk for majority of the work day with occasional standing and walking within office environment. The employee is required to use hands and fingers for writing and typing, handle or feel office tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally crouch or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision (may be corrected), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus on task at hand.
Back to top