WHO WE ARE
Optima Tax Relief is a tax resolution (tax representation) firm that helps people solve their IRS tax problems. We work to build relationships with our clients and the IRS alike so we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax complaints. Our potential clients are in need of a number of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Help with IRS tax audits
- Filing past-due tax returns
- Removing an IRS levy or federal tax lien
- Setting up tax payment plans
- Removing wage garnishment
- Filing an offer in compromise
Ranked #1 Financial Services Company by Inc. Magazine
Orange County Business Journal Best Places to Work from 2011-2015
Orange County Register Top Workplaces 2016
Please feel free to visit our website and meet our staff at www.optimataxrelief.com
As a vital part of the Optima Tax Relief team, this position will be confirming documentation, invoices, and payment information is accurate for each client. They will process payments and move clients to the appropriate step in the program. This position will work closely with Sales, Tax Professional, Case Management, Quality Assurance and Retention departments.
- Receive inbound calls and complete client's request or direct to appropriate person if needed.
- Schedule payments for investigation and resolution invoices.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls regarding payment schedule or method changes, declined payments, ACH returns, putting files on hold, or cancellations.
- Complete call and email cycle for declined and returned payments. This process may include making outbound and taking inbound calls, leaving voicemails, and sending emails. Also, may include sending and receiving CudaSign Forms when needed.
- Process payments.
- Communicate with Tax Associates regarding client's payment info, scheduled payment dates and amounts, signature issues, and payment changes.
- Investigation files: Ensure that the Payment Authorization is signed and dated, confirm dates and totals match, verify payment information if needed.
- Resolution files: Confirm installments, check initial payment percentage, if paid in full confirm the discount was applied, ensure Addendum is initialed/signed and dated, confirm dates and totals match, verify payment information.
- Handle hold files, cancellation files, ghost files, and retention files.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly Reconciliation
- Timely respond to supervisor or company inquires .
- Attend department meetings daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Assist clients with inquiries and additional requests.
- Support customer retention by following up with past clients.
The preceding functions have been examples provided of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. List is not all-inclusive and management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments.
- College or Trade School Degree.
- 2 years of accounting, tax, or finance experience.
- Knowledge of billing and collections.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions that result in having to prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable and organized.
- Remain focused and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient and comfortable with basic technology and standard office equipment (Outlook, Microsoft Office).
- Required competencies that will be evaluated on routine basis:
Accountability, Communication, Customer Focus, Partnership & Collaboration, Positive Attitude, Problem Solving, and Productivity.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Meet Some of Optima Tax Relief's Employees
Associate Director of Resolution-ACS
Alisha assists Optima Tax Relief case managers and tax professionals with day-to-day issues, ensuring they have every resource they need to help clients reach financial resolutions.
Back to top