HR Generalist- Supervisor
Optima Tax Relief is the leading nationwide tax resolution firm helping people solve their IRS tax problems and is the largest of its kind in America. We work to build relationships with our thousands of clients and the IRS alike so that we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax issues. Our potential clients are in need of a number of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Help with IRS tax audits
- Filing past-due tax returns
- Removing an IRS levy or federal tax lien
- Setting up tax payment plans
- Removing wage garnishment
- Filing an offer in compromise
Orange County Register Top Workplaces, 2015-2017
America's Fastest Growing Private Companies Winner of INC. 5000, 2015-2018
Winner of the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award for Ethics
CEO Named a Top CEO by Glassdoor, 2018
WHY OPTIMA TAX RELIEF:
- Strong Company Core Values
- Commitment to Positive Client Experiences
- Ethical Work is conducted with the Highest Level of Integrity...Always
- Strong Corporate Culture: Community Outreach, Interactive Wellness Program, Knott's Day...There's Always Something to Look Forward to!
- Employee Development and Potential Career Advancement
- Expansion, Innovation and Professional Growth!
HR GENERALIST/ HR SUPERVISOR
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This HR Generalist/ Supervisor is relied on for performing professional level Human Resources duties and works closely with OTR leaders to support their teams. You will perform a lot of the traditional generalist duties and functions as well as oversee the ticketing system which brings in all employee requests. You will be the front-line HR employee for management on emerging employee relations issues and assist with managing the Generalist team.
- Responsible for entering new hires and ensuring new hire paperwork is completed correctly.
- Responsible for providing verification of employment, processing of unemployment and disability claims.
- Support and coordinate transfer of information between our benefits broker Optima's employees.
- Assist as directed with respect to voluntary plans such as disability, life insurance, and COBRA issues.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/district level policies and federal/state governmental agencies.
- Support and coordinate the investigation and flow of information between company medical provider network, brokers, insurance carriers, and employee's compensation injuries.
- Maintain all systems with all up to date personnel forms, policies, handbooks, new hire packets, etc.
- Ensure employee bulletin boards in specific areas are up to date with all labor law postings, current announcements, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel files while working with Legal and Risk Management
- Handles all pre-employment and new hire paperwork and documentation including verifying I9 documentation and entering new hire information into the required HRIS systems, etc.
- Provide clear communication to employees on LOA process to include: laws that apply to leaves, legal amount of time off, time off tracking, STD coordination with payroll, collection of benefit premiums, completion of any required state documentation
- Plans, directs and administers various HR projects
- Leads resolution of employee relations' issues and conducts investigations as necessary
- Assists the Director of HR in supporting corporate wide Human Resources objectives and initiatives
- Supervises the HR team in the daily administration of departmental requirements
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Strong Leader, with an Ability to Manage Several Concurrent Projects of High Priority and Impact
- You Exhibit a High Level of Integrity and Confidentiality
- You Possess Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Building Relations Throughout All Levels of the Organization
- You Hold Superb Organizational, Written, and Communication Skills
- Proficient and comfortable with office equipment (Computer skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Remain focused and productive in a fast-paced environment
- You Hold a Strong Work Ethic and are Committed to Excellence
- A Team Player
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- 3-5 Years of HR Generalist/ Specialist Experience
- 2-3 Years of Supervisory Experience
- Understanding of HR Systems
- Bachelors Degree
- PHR or HR Certifications
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $60,000-70,000 DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance
- 401K and Company Match Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Hardship Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Optional Holidays)
- Career Opportunities
- Award Winning Work Culture!
Back to top