Government Relations Manager
Here at Optima Tax Relief, how our employees feel about their job is important to us. Maybe that is why we have been rated one of Orange County Register's Top Places to work for the past 3 years! In addition to our amazing and award-winning work culture, we are one of America's fastest growing private companies! Who are we here at Optima? We are the empathetic helpers, the go-getters, the work hard, play hard individuals of financial services and the advocate for our clients. One of our values is to operate in excellence and we are looking to hire individuals ready to represent with pride these qualities. We have several openings in our Orange County, California and Chandler, Arizona offices and we need people like you to help us grow!
Speaking of excellence, we are committed to delivering industry-leading experience with not only our employees but our clients as well. We are humbled and honored to have received the following awards:
- CEO Named a Top CEO by Glassdoor, 2018, 2019
- Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, 2018, 2019
- Orange County Register Top Workplaces, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- America's Fastest Growing Private Companies Winner of INC. 5,000, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Winner of the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award for Ethics
Why Optima Tax Relief:
- Strong Company Core Values
- Commitment to Positive Client Experiences
- Ethical Work is conducted with the Highest Level of Integrity...Always
- Strong Corporate Culture: Community Outreach, Interactive Wellness Program, Knott's Day...There's Always Something to Look Forward to!
- Employee Development and Potential Career Advancement
- Expansion, Innovation and Professional Growth!
Government Relations Manager
A Day In The Life
The Government Relations Manager will work with OTR's Legal/Compliance team to advance OTR's policy objectives by building and maintaining relationships with IRS administration officials, influencers, and industry associations.
- Strategize with the company's business leaders, including the CEO and General Counsel, to establish and execute advocacy efforts to advance OTR's public policy agenda
- Collaborate with colleagues; lead and direct complex government relations/public policy campaigns and efforts
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of OTR's policies and issues and combine this knowledge with expertise in government affairs to inform to advise OTR's executive management as well as Federal government officials about preferred courses of legislative and regulatory advocacy and action
- Keep abreast of and analyze Federal legislative and regulatory action and current political climate to identify key areas of opportunity and concern and provide recommendations; identify trends and emerging issues
- Evaluate pending legislation which may have an impact on OTR and provide recommendations to executive management
- Serve as an ambassador for governmental affairs both internally and externally by building credibility and trust; contribute to OTR's reputation of ethics and trustworthiness
- Represent the company at industry events and fundraisers
- Travel and presence in Washington D.C. will be required
- Documentable knowledge of IRS operations, structure, and contacts
- Undergraduate degree in public policy, public administration, political science, prelaw, or other business-related field; advanced degree highly desirable
- Proven track record with six (6) or more years of experience with progressive responsibility and accountability in legislative, political, and/or lobbying experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial services and tax administration/policy as well as in-depth understanding of the legislative process, federal government operations, and the political process
- High level of expertise in legislative and legal research
- Ability to conduct comprehensive sweeps and analyze complex issues and legislation
- Ability to translate complex public policy into business strategy
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment, strategic planning, negotiation, and influence
- Successful people and issue management experience
- Successful multi-tasker experienced working with tight deadlines and competing demands
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, and customer awareness
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from executives to staff
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; persuasive and engaging presentation/public speaking skills to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences
- Exceptional active listening skills
- Strong existing network of contacts with Federal agencies a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel to Washington D.C., and maintain a flexible work schedule
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurance
- 401K and Company Match Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Hardship Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Optional Holidays)
- Career Opportunities
- Award Winning Work Culture!
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and standard office supplies. While working in the office, the setting is a standard office environment with low to moderate noise levels and temperature controlled.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee is required to sit at desk for majority of the workday with occasional standing and walking within office environment. The employee is required to use hands and fingers for writing and typing, handle or feel office tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally crouch or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision (may be corrected), peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus on task at hand.
Back to top