Optima Tax Relief is a tax resolution (tax representation) firm that helps people solve their IRS tax problems. We work to build relationships with our clients and the IRS alike so we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax complaints. Our potential clients are in need of a number of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Help with IRS tax audits
- Filing past-due tax returns
- Removing an IRS levy or federal tax lien
- Setting up tax payment plans
- Removing wage garnishment
- Filing an offer in compromise
Ranked #1 Financial Services Company by Inc. Magazine, 2015
Winner of the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award for Ethics
Orange County Register Top Workplaces, 2017
CEO Named a Top CEO by Glassdoor, 2018
As a Tax Case Analyst, you will:
- Research past, current, and possible future tax situations based on official documents that are obtained from various Tax Authorities (Federal and State)
- Communicate with IRS and other Tax Authorities to request and verify tax related information, such as compliance status.
- Handle legal, confidential IRS documents such as IRS Transcripts and Notices with the ability to navigate and understand pertinent details reflected on documents.
- Prepare tax returns (Individual, Business, Amended) in high quantity using tax preparation software to help determine possible issues and tax balances.
- Analyze financial situation based on personal information provided by the clients verbally or through documents such as bank statements and wage documents, while adhering to company wide procedures to protect privacy of all client information.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all tax resolutions such as Installment Agreements, Offer in Compromises, Audit Representation in order to recommend options
- Manage and prioritize workload depending on the complexity and quantity
- Interact with other departments to obtain any additional information (Payments, Tax Associates, Customer Service).
- Participate in additional team projects related to ongoing training and adapt to any company and inter-department procedural changes.
- California Tax Education Council Licensed with current Preparer Tax Identification Number (CTEC / PTIN)
- 2-3 Years of Tax Preparation and/or Accounting Experience
- Knowledge of Individual, Business and Payroll Taxes, IRS Collection Process (preferred)
- Able demonstrate attention to detail and multitask in a fast paced environment while having the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to perform essential functions and responsibilities within the workstation and with equipment provided
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- High level of mathematical, verbal, and written skills
- Able to work available shifts during company's general business hours of operation (7am-6pm).
- Monthly bonuses based on performance
- Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday)
- Potential to grow within the company!
Back to top