Specialist, Digital Marketing
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand – and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
We’re looking for a savvy entertainment and digital-media professional who can provide creative ideas, insight and execution for digital platforms. The marketing specialist will support the Digital Marketing team with day-to-day functions to help drive traffic, awareness, acquisition, and viewer engagement.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow and process in support of digital marketing efforts including show initiatives and online education
- Assist online education team with course production including CMS management
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop campaigns, briefs, effective designs and landing pages for email and digital marketing initiatives
- Work with Ad Operations team to oversee house ad trafficking and strategy for marketing initiatives
- Work with our customer service/moderation team to escalate viewer comments to internal departments and review customer service questions and responses to ensure they are in line with our overall brand strategy.
- Measure the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns and make changes in strategy according to those results using analytic tools
- Develop email marketing strategies, audience segmentation, design and test plans and implement email marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with multiple internal departments to route/review creative for marketing programs. Receive approvals, manages deadlines and ensures that the quality of materials meets expectations within budget
- Oversee awards submission process for digital submissions for various trade awards
- Passion and curiosity for all things social, digital, mobile and emerging technologies
- 3+ years marketing or digital experience (coordinator level preferred)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams both internally and externally
- Strong time management, organization and communication skills
- Understands how to effectively prioritize and communicate timelines to internal and external stakeholders
- Consistent sense of urgency to meet requested deadlines
- Stellar writing and communications skills for both marketing and editorial objectives
- Industry knowledge and awareness of new digital marketing initiatives, especially within the entertainment space
- A fast-learner who is able to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and learning new social platforms
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude to jump in and assist team members when needed
- Experience or interest in digital marketing analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
- CMS experience is preferred
- Bachelors Degree Required
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top