Social Content Creator
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN seeks experienced multi-platform content creator with strong producing and editing skills. Your day-to-day work will include developing content for social channels such as GIFs, video pieces, graphic cards, etc. You will also be communicating directly with our viewers through our social platforms and using insights from what the community is saying to help inform content production. This role will be a part of the team that serves as the public-facing voice of our accounts, and will create authentic 1:1 engagements with a community, deliver insights around content performance, and drive daily business objectives.
- Create custom content for FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc. to support the network and other initiatives
- Screen shows to determine the best social content for advance promotion, live engagement and continuity support
- Cultivate a deep understanding of each series and which content will resonate most with audiences
- Collaborate with on-air, off-air and digital creative teams to develop synchronized network creative
- Brainstorm ideas & strategy with fellow community managers and larger Social Media team
- Directly engage with viewers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Social listening for trending content, conversations, topics, events, and news
- Ability to work on a non-traditional schedule on occasion
- Provide insight when there are relevant community concerns to internal stakeholders
- Real time monitoring of social channels for strategic engagements and activation
- Manage content and communication for selected social media community
- Manage content calendar for designated social accounts
- Live tweet for OWN Network shows as requested
- Stay ahead of the curve on the latest trends in content creation
- Oversee occasional shoots
- Other related duties as assigned
- A demonstrated passion for entertainment and television
- 2-4 years of experience in digital media creation
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- Experience working on Avid & Photoshop
- Familiarity with analytic tools
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Team player with a collaborative spirit
- Flexible and nimble in a rapidly changing environment
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top