Product Manager, Digital Technology
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand – and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the complete development lifecycle for multiple online and mobile projects, including resource allocation and scheduling, as well as quality, stakeholder, and risk management.
- Organize the workflow between outside vendors and internal teams (engineers, producers, editorial, marketing) to deliver Oprah.com site features and content on schedule and within budget.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify project resource requirements and assign individual responsibilities.
- Minimize exposure on projects by clearly communicating potential risks to all key stakeholders at every stage.
- Create detailed and comprehensive product requirement documents and wireframe schematics as necessary.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and organized appropriately.
- Take ownership of project scope and timing issues, driving them to resolution in a timely fashion.
- Act as liaison between a wide range of internal clients, including Network Broadcasting, Sales and Marketing.
- Manage version upgrades for apps and incremental releases of cross-platform features.
- Interface with Marketing to create online and mobile promotions.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Web or Wireless project management with a solid understanding of SDLC, product strategy and online promotion.
- Has acted as a product or project lead for a large scale website and/or multiple publicly released mobile apps.
- Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams highly preferred.
- Management of external design and technology partners.
- Experience writing Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) and creating wireframes/user flows.
- Ability to operate independently while juggling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability.
- Excellent internal client management and communication/ interpersonal skills.
- Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including MS Project, Visio, and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with XML, RSS, Restful APIs, and HTML helpful.
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top