Human Resources Coordinator
The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The HR Coordinator is an instrumental role in maintaining an organized and highly efficient HR department at OWN. S/he will support the Director, Payroll Manager, Benefits Manager, and HRIS Specialist in fulfilling the HR-related needs for all 150+ staff and CW’s at OWN. The role will be split approximately 30% HR Administrative and 70% HR Coordinator duties.
- Create and maintain accurate and compliant personnel files, forms, and HR Shared Drive (of electronic files)
- Create and maintain Personnel Action Forms (PAF’s) for all personnel changes, including new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and all other applicable changes to personnel records
- Prepare required documents for separations, exit interview document preparation, collection of employee assets and scheduling of exit meetings
- Coordinate all processes and records for Contingent Workers (CW’s):
- Assist with requesting, reviewing and placing short-term administrative CW’s
- Communicate with new CW’s regarding arrival/parking and required paperwork
- Track all active and terminated CW’s and maintain CW paperwork
- Onboard new hires, conduct new hire orientation, liaise with facilities and IT on new hire work/office space and technology needs, and coordinate new hire needs with benefits
- Assist with job descriptions and post open positions; creation of requisition forms and audit of weekly open requisition report; and maintain OWN org charts
- Coordinate employee and intern events (e.g. Take Your Children To Work Day, Impact Day)
- Provide support for planning and executing larger events (e.g. Holiday Party)
- Sends all-staff communications (e.g. holiday closures) from OWNHR email and maintain OWNHR inbox
- Support HR team in day-to-day projects, answering basic employee questions with a focus on customer service and maintaining a positive attitude; when necessary, escalate calls and inquiries to the appropriate HR team member
- Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate meetings and interviews, including coordination, preparation, and distribution of materials, agenda, notes, and hand-outs.
- Monitor and process monthly expenses, reconcile budget, and refer discrepancies for resolution.
- Additional projects as assigned to continue to streamline internal processes or drive HR strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Human Resources
- Experience in administrative duties with high data integrity in HRIS (Workday)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with tact and high confidentiality
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
- Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding and resolving issues
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Read more: http://careers.own.tv/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=8207079&portalID=1390#ixzz4M0iDZeIP
Back to top