Director, Human Resources
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN's Human Resources team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health of our organization. Our group partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive. OWN's HR team oversee all recruitment, compensation, benefits and HRIS administration for this dynamic media company.
The Director, Human Resources is a key strategic member of OWN's HR team, driving the development and implementation of all people strategies including workforce and resource planning, succession planning, employee engagement in alignment with business objectives. This role will also ensure talent management, organizational development, compensation, benefits and learning initiatives are rolled out and aligned with OWN's overarching philosophies supporting a high performance, creative and inclusive environment.
- Develop and drive a proactive, business human resource strategy
- Coach leaders in developing organizational and leadership capabilities
- Lead the development and ongoing management of a culture that supports high performance in order to position the business appropriately to deliver on long-term goals
- Challenge and coach leaders to understand and address difficult people issues
- Drive and sustain culture changes
- Lead the analysis of talent resource plan to ensure alignment and positioning for growth
- Take the lead on resolving employee relations issues
- Lead talent review and succession planning initiatives, taking a wide look at both internal and external talent
- Partner with specialist groups to develop and deliver industry leading programs
- PHR qualified or equivalent
- At least 10 years HR business partner experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong influencer with ability to coach and counsel employees and senior executives
- Confident, effective leader with a track record of success
- Approachable and capable of working with people at all levels
- Able to create a strategy and motivate others to achieve necessary deliverables
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top