Director, Digital Marketing
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey’s heart and creative instincts inform the brand – and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
We’re looking for an experienced, savvy and passionate digital/direct marketer who will lead the strategy, development, execution and analysis of digital/direct marketing programs for customer acquisition and retention across all OWN Digital products, including apps and online course, and audience development efforts for Oprah.com and OWN TV shows.
- Develop and execute marketing programs to optimize customer acquisition and retention, and grow the customer base for all Digital products, including apps and online courses (OWNLifeclasses.com)
- Lead audience development marketing programs for Oprah.com, including but not limited to driving traffic to all O&O sites and tune in for OWN TV shows
- Manage the execution of app user growth campaigns, analysis, and optimization of results in conjunction with app development partners
- Create CRM programs for OWNLifeclasses.com to increase customer retention and maximize LTV
- Optimize database marketing initiatives, including customer segmentation and analysis to develop and execute campaign strategies to achieve goals
- Lead A/B testing plans for optimization of creative and landing pages utilizing email tool and Optimizely
- Oversee lead forecasting, tracking and reporting for acquisition efforts across all paid and organic marketing channels, including email, Oprah.com and social media in conjunction with the social media and editorial teams
- Oversee CPA-based paid advertising for customer acquisition efforts with an emphasis on paid social, including creative development, testing and optimization
- Provide strategic recommendations for partner/affiliate marketing and manage relationships with existing marketing partners
- Manage the customer service/moderation agency to ensure user comments/questions are handled in an effective and timely manner and escalated to key internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Own the reporting of digital marketing campaigns to key stakeholders as well as providing recommendations on marketing optimizations based on results
- Work with SVP of Digital Marketing to lead and manage digital marketing staff
- Collaborate across the Digital team (tech, marketing, editorial, product development, creative, and business development) as well as the broader OWN community to get work completed
- 8+ years of direct marketing customer acquisition and retention experience
- Broad experience in digital/direct marketing, segmentation analysis, marketing analytics and driving growth plans
- Demonstrated skills in setting up CRM programs
- Excellent writing skills for developing marketing copy and preparing plans and presentations
- Experience showing return on marketing investment, forecasting, and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed acquisition targets and a desire to own and be accountable for marketing efforts
- Strong knowledge of creative development, including an understanding of how consumers engage with direct response marketing channels and the levers that drive performance
- Background in email/database and paid social marketing
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various teams both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top