Coordinator, Marketing & Social Media (CW)
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN seeks a sharp writer and strong communicator for the role of Community Manager. Your day-to-day work will include developing content for social channels and communicating with stakeholders about the content. You will also be communicating directly with our viewers through our social platforms and using insights from what the community is saying to help inform content production. Community Managers serve as the public-facing voice of our accounts and create authentic 1:1 engagements with a community, deliver insights around content performance, and drive business objectives on the daily. This is a contingent-worker (CW) assignment with the potential for further extensions.
- Directly engage with viewers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Social Listening for trending content, conversations, topics, events, and news
- Ability to work on a non-traditional schedule
- Provide insight during flare-ups to internal stakeholders
- Real time monitoring of social channels for strategic engagements and activation.
- Manage content and communication for selected social media community.
- Manage content calendar for designated social accounts.
- Live tweet for OWN Network shows as requested
- Cover OWN-related live events when necessary
- A demonstrated passion for entertainment and television
- 1-2 years experience in social media management or relevant internship experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, or a related field
- Familiar with analytic tools
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Detail oriented
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top