Benefits and HRIS Analyst, Human Resources
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
This position will partner closely with the Benefits Manager and HRIS Specialist to help administer the benefit programs, as well as provide back-end administration and support for all HR activity in HRIS (Workday). Position reports to Director, Human Resources with “dotted-line” to Benefits Manager and HRIS Specialist.
- Assists in the administration of various employee benefit plans such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, retirement plans, and leave of absence.
- Prepares materials and presents benefit plans and plan changes to employees.
- Processes leave of absence requests, counsels employees on OWN policy and provides updated reports to HR team and managers.
- Interfaces with OWN employees and Benefits Management at Discovery Communications on various issues associated with OWN’s benefit plans.
- Serves as a consultant to employees, HR team, and plan participants seeking information and guidance concerning benefit plans.
- Ensures the proper administration and record-keeping activities for all Company-sponsored retirement and health & welfare plans.
- In consultation with Discovery Benefits Management and outside benefits broker, evaluates and compares existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Conducts new employee orientations; provides technical guidance and support to all levels of staff and management.
- Works with Benefits Manager to plan and execute Open Enrollment for all benefit programs.
- Liaises with Discovery colleagues, outside vendors, and HR team to identify and plan employee wellness events
- Implements changes in administrative procedures for compliance with Federal regulations.
- Responsible for reviewing and reconciling monthly bills including analyzing data and determining trends.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Human Resources Information System (HRIS) (40%):
- Assists in the implementation of HRIS strategies and goals using Workday; emphasis on Benefits module
- Supports and maintains system setups, configurations and data flow; monitors and ensures resolution of end-user issues with Workday
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of data integrity by verifying all actions entered into Workday; assists with data audits and coordinates data entry changes with HR team
- May perform data entry for HR transactions in Workday; ensuring all meet OWN policy guidelines.
- Helps provide end user training for new users and on-going training to ensure the effective utilization of Workday and other HR systems. May design user help guides.
- Supports special HR projects such as Open Enrollment, Merit and Bonus programs, etc. Conducts testing of programs, performs year-end procedures and mass generated changes.
- Assists with Furnishing information for audits, analysis and other purposes.
- Business Process & Procedure - Consults with HRIS Specialist and Payroll Manager in developing and documenting business process procedures with flow charts and step-by-step analysis. Maintains and updates documentation on system interfaces and HR related databases/ projects. Analyzes current processes and recommends improvements. Manages current HRIS BPPs and on-going support for new BPPs.
- Analysis - Provides analytical support on HR projects; uses analytical skills to identify data and system issues, recognize trends and develop quantitative conclusions; presents findings to HR team and other stakeholders in a logical manner for quality decision-making.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in functional or similar role; entertainment experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
- HRIS management experience is required; experience using and maintaining Workday is preferred
CEBS, CBP, PHR or SPHR designation preferred
- Technical knowledge of health and welfare and 401(k) plan administration and systems and the ability to understand complex systems, laws and plan rules.
- Knowledge of benefit programs and how it relates to Healthcare reform, plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with Federal & Department of Labor regulations and consistent application of DCL policies.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Strong computer skills, including database management and a high degree of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, , Excel, Outlook, and other graphic programs, and Internet navigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with peers, employees, managers, and clients, to maintain confidentiality in daily operations and to conduct daily duties in a professional manner.
- Adept at identifying, prioritizing, and managing important tasks/issues. Adept at simultaneously balancing numerous administrative tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with Federal & Department of Labor regulations and consistent application of DCL policies.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top