Assistant, Standards & Practices,Temporary - 3 mos.
OWN is seeking a part-time temporary assistant to support the Senior Director and Manager of Standards and Practices (in the Business and Legal Affairs Department) with specific administrative tasks and special projects. Duties include: electronically filing standards notes, creating show binders for scripted series, and providing support on projects as needed. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This part-time, temporary position is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented and is looking to gain more in-depth knowledge and experience in the television business. Prior office experience is required, preferably in the entertainment industry. Should possess knowledge of OWN’s programming, as well as competitive programming. Length of assignment is three months.
- Electronically file standards and practices notes in Box database.
- Create and organize show binders for scripted series.
- Review competitive programming, compile research and create reports based on analysis of trends.
- Support commercial clearance process, as needed, by providing research assistance.
- Archive key topic details from OWN’s current programming in shared database.
- Some college (television/film and liberal arts majors considered)
- Previous office experience required, preferably in entertainment industry
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of competitive television programming and digital landscape
- Some knowledge off TV Parental Ratings system, as well as MPAA rating system
- Interest in FCC broadcast regulations and best practices, as well as best practices for digital content
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information with discretion and integrity at all times
- Broad base of knowledge of pop culture, current events and interest in network standards and practices
- Resourceful, organized and analytical
- Avid television viewer with industry knowledge a must
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Box
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Read more: http://careers.own.tv/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=8188743&portalID=1390#ixzz4LRHb4vq9
Back to top