Administrative Assistant, Brandworks
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
The Administrative Assistant, Brandworks will run the day-to-day administrative tasks, details and continuous improvement of the processes of the Brandworks department as well as provide ongoing support to EVP/CMO and Marketing teams.
This bright, motivated, highly organized and proactive person must excel working in a rapid paced and collaborative environment and have superior organizational and anticipatory skills. Attention to detail, troubleshooting abilities, maturity and ability to build relationships across all disciplines and all levels of seniority is key.
Must be a self-starter; possess excellent oral and written communication skills; handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to think on their feet. The ability to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside the Brandworks Team with varying levels of collaborators, and flexibility to working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups is a must. Must be eager and able to work effectively under pressure with short time constraints and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations.
- Actively manage complex calendar, meeting schedules and video conferences
- Prepping, printing & distributing requisite documents prior to start of meetings
- Note-taking and distribution of meeting notes and follow up deliverables as needed
- Managing heavy phones and handling/directing messages. Update & distribute call log
- Booking and coordinating all aspects of business travel, including preparation of travel itineraries; coordinating marketing team travel calendar
- Coordinating EVP/CMO schedule including: scheduling meetings & video conferences with internal departments/execs and external partners, vendors, talent, media agencies.
- Creating highly visible presentations for executive team and internal departments, production companies, outside partners
- Compiling and submitting expense reports
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date contact databases, insurance filings, and various other tasks to support keeping EVP/CMO work flow on track
- Organizing and maintaining filing systems for presentations, budgets and related materials
- Handling confidential information and some tasks for key principles within and outside of the company
- While supporting the EVP/CMO is the priority, EA will be expected to assist general marketing team as well
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent level of practical experience
- 2-4 years' assistant experience – Entertainment, Television, Marketing, Radio and/or Agency industries preferred
- Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate and understand business practices and tools
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Work, Excel, Apple/Mac, Google Docs
- Experience supporting senior level executive with 360 degree approach
- Must have hands-on working knowledge of social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritize many responsibilities, proactive thinker who can be one, if not two, steps ahead
- Adaptability and flexibility a must as project priorities are in constant flux
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work exceptionally well with executives, staff, and external associates at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
See Inside the Office of Oprah Winfrey Network
Named after talk-show presenter Oprah Winfrey, the Oprah Winfrey Network is a general entertainment television channel that debuted in 2011, hosting a variety of original programming. With shows ranging from ‘Oprah’s Life Class’ to ‘The Haves and the Have Nots’ to ‘Our America with Lisa Ling’, OWN strives to provide a mix of programs meant to educate, entertain, and inspire its viewers.
Back to top