- Philadelphia, PA
Position Overview: The Training and E-Learning Specialist leads the analysis, design, development, implementation of eLearning training and systems as well as collaborating with team members on the analysis, design, and development of in person training at Open Systems Healthcare (OSH). Additionally, they are also responsible for the implementation of in person training programs.
Together with the Learning and Development Team and Subject Matter Experts they work towards identifying each target audience's training needs and optimal development of OSH's workforce.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the company Learning Management System to troubleshoot and resolve technical and user issues, track training, create and implement eLearning courses for the company, and activate new employees.
- Coordinate and facilitate online and in person classroom training sessions, to increase knowledge, skills, and abilities of employees through implementation of blended learning strategies.
- Research and resolve issues related to training reported via end users, to improve the user experience.
- Generates training reports, such as completions and certifications based on projects to ensure deadlines are met and to determine selection of employees for future trainings.
- Manages training communications (emails, alerts, releases, etc.), guaranteeing thorough, well informed and timely communications to all applicable recipients.
- Manage and maintain training facilities and equipment for training sessions, including but not limited to set up and break down, for effective sessions.
- Coordinate employee training classes (i.e. location of training, travel arrangements for attendees, meals, dinners) in cooperation with the Executive Assistant.
- Design, develop and analyze creative, innovative and visually appealing online learning products (self-paced online courses, webinars, social learning, mobile learning, etc.), and in person training with input from subject matter or functional specialty areas regarding content.
- Utilizes multimedia technology, software, applications, and authoring tools to create e-learning and instructor-led courses, materials, job aids, and communications.
- Develops dynamic, interactive, and engaging eLearning course content that may include synchronized voiceover narration and/or video.
- Review/revise components of instructional design, i.e., sequencing and clustering of learning events and objectives; task learning relationships, and instructional design plan as it relates to eLearning content to ensure they are technically sound.
- Applies the work concept of Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) model to aspects of eLearning work efforts.
- Defines the objective and scope of assignment and performs work which requires original development and revision of instructional materials or methods.
- Ensure programs are consistent with OSH's mission, vision, values and culture and promote positive employee relations.
- Assist in the analysis of eLearning and training programs and materials to evaluate their effectiveness and revise accordingly.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned by OSH representative.
- Follow Open Systems Healthcare's Policies and Procedures.
- Follow Federal, State and local rules and regulations pertaining to home care services.
- .5-1 year of experience with eLearning Course Design
- 1+ years of experience in Training / Facilitation
- Experience with either Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline 360.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and actions and achieves results with little oversight.
- Conscientious: Conscientious in work ethic and interpersonal management
- Motivation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Complex Problem Solving: Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Development and Continual Learning: Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
- Focus on Consumer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
- Project Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- Change Management Theories and Concepts
- Organization Development Theories
- Instructional Design
- Knowledge Management
- Learning Technologies
- Performance Improvement
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Estimated 10 % travel, dependent on need.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include light-medium moving and extensive self-positioning.
Back to top