Position Overview: To provide skilled consumer care as assigned by Open Systems Healthcare, Inc. (OSH) in the consumer's home and community. To provide quality, safe and effective care while adhering to the individual living philosophy of the consumer. To administer the care services that reflects OSH's mission, vision, and values.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that the professional standards of community nursing practice are followed.
- Maintains and adheres to Agency procedure and consumer care policy manuals.
- Follows policies and procedures that are consistent with recommended Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) guidelines for safety, universal precautions and infection control procedures.
- Provides consumer care services under the direction of the Director of Nursing and per the physician's order for the plan of care.
- Adheres to policies for, and keeps records of criteria for admission, and to service case assignments and case management.
- Follows ongoing quality assurance program according to Pennsylvania State and Agency policy.
- Ensures consumer confidentiality is maintained according to HIPAA law.
- Works in conjunction with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to consumers.
- Provides support and education to consumers and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Comply with all state regulations related to consumer visits, evaluations and assessments and maintain and adheres to Agency procedure and consumer care policy manuals.
- Adheres to educational programs regarding appropriate documentation practices.
- Reports to team and support staff in identifying Agency/consumer needs and opportunities for quality improvement.
- Follows Agency guidelines for disciplinary actions in accordance with Human Resource policies and legal guidelines.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for consumers and direct care staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with Federal, State, Local, contract, and other regulatory entity regulations.
- Follows the Tuberculosis screening program and Hepatitis B program, if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Homecare experience preferred.
- Current and valid RN license.
- Evidence of Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines.
- Current and valid CPR certification.
- Current State mandated CEU's.
Back to top