Position Overview: Manages, supervises, coordinates, evaluates, and develops client care to ensure quality care delivery and appropriate case management within the Agency's scope of services and policies, along with state, federal, and local laws/regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and directs all client services.
- Promotes, reviews, and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of client care practices.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures that the patient is well serviced through the assignment of services and personal care attendants whose skills and abilities meet their individual needs.
- Supervises, when needed, a team of caregivers to provide effective and quality home care services.
- Oversee training/competencies for the caregivers when appropriate. Responsible for determining caregiver competency level.
- Provides support and direction to Agency staff, other health care professionals, clients, and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Provides educational programs and information regarding appropriate documentation practices at Clinical Supervisor's discretion to caregivers in need.
- Provides leadership to team and directs staff in identifying Agency/client needs and opportunities for quality improvement.
- Provides on-site supervision per Agency policy and as needed to determine staff competency and respond to educational and developmental needs.
- Follows Agency guidelines for disciplinary actions. Documents all disciplinary actions in accordance with company policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the Tuberculosis screening program and Hepatitis B program.
- Manages consumer admissions, reassessments, and visits.
- Reviews Agency policies and procedures and recommends changes or revisions as needed.
- Clinical on-call duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Homecare experience preferred.
- Current and valid RN license.
- Evidence of Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines.
- Current and valid CPR certification.
- Current State mandated CEU's.
- Passed OSH competency exam with a score of 80% or greater.
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the customer's needs, to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment.
- Ability to recognize emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate and safe techniques in all aspects of personal care.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Evidence of competency as per OSH and State requirements.
Meet Some of Open Systems Healthcare's Employees
Account Executive, Home Health
Matthew focuses on creating healthy lives for infants and young patients as part of the Open Systems Home Health division. He also helps expand this category and bring quality care to more people.
Back to top