- Washington, DC
Clinical Supervisor (Unskilled Care)
At Open Systems Healthcare, we're taking on a mission bigger than ourselves - providing care to those who need it, regardless of their life situation. We're a home care startup experiencing explosive growth because we look at home care differently than most.
Our team strives to lean into our ‘Always Forward' motto every day. What does that mean? It means understanding our consumers so well that we're always one step ahead. It means working together to achieve health outcomes that make a difference in people's lives. It means not just being a nurse, but a real advocate for someone's well-being and a person they can count on and trust. In this crucial moment for healthcare, we are ‘Always Forward' in everything we do.
So, what is that work we speak of?
The Clinical Supervisor (Unskilled Care) is a key player in our growing D.C. team. In particular, you'll make certain that all our unskilled consumer care is top-notch, while ensuring that our caregivers are supported and set up for success. This role incorporates nursing expertise, healthcare compliance knowledge, and organizational skills to confidently lead and manage the unskilled care team here at Open Systems. The Clinical Supervisor (Unskilled Care) salary to start is $75k.
Some of what you can expect in this role...
● You'll supervise and manage the unskilled caregiving team at OSH, ensuring they're meeting professional care standards while complying with state regulations and agency procedures.
● You'll take the wheel when it comes to hiring - evaluating caregivers and their skills to assemble a strong, well-rounded care team!
● You'll guide care staff to their full potential through educational initiatives, care competencies, training, and check-ins.
● You'll set and adopt the policies firsthand for admitting new case assignments, managing those cases, and assuring quality care services.
● You'll act as the go-to person for care: coordinating cases, maintaining clinical records, and ensuring consumer satisfaction with Open Systems.
● You'll promote a safe environment for everyone through identifying opportunities for consumer and agency improvement, applying safety/infection control practices, and following the proper disciplinary actions when necessary.
● You'll become a specialist in healthcare compliance! You'll certify that our agency is complying with entity regulations to provide services with integrity.
● Health care never sleeps! You'll be on-call and provide clinical care for times when your team is unable to answer the call.
● Assists the Director of Nursing (DON) with any other assignments or tasks.
Required Education & Experience
● Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing. We require an RN license. Have your BSN? Even better!
● At least 1 year of supervisory experience as an RN under your belt. Bonus points for homecare experience.
● A current and valid RN license
● Evidence that you've had a Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines
● A current and valid CPR certification
● A reliable form of transportation
And finally, a mastery of skills when it comes to...
● Fast-Paced Situations: Remaining calm and professional during peak busy-ness.
● Communication: Someone with interpersonal chops.
● Managing Consumers: Attentive to their needs and care services, and always putting them first.
● Confidentiality: Working in accordance with HIPAA and having respect for consumers and their privacy.
● Time Management: Ability to complete multiple tasks on a daily basis and stay organized.
● Effective Leadership: Responsible for your team of caregivers and their consumers' care, all the while fostering a culture that
rings true to OSH's core values and vision.
Still with us? If this role speaks to you and your career, apply today!
Back to top