- Washington, DC
Manages, supervises, coordinates, evaluates, and develops client care to ensure quality care delivery and appropriate case management within the Agency's scope of services and policies, along with state, federal, and local laws/regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and directs all client services.
- Promotes, reviews, and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of client care practices.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures that the patient is well serviced through the assignment of services and personal care attendants whose skills and abilities meet their individual needs.
- Supervises, when needed, a team of caregivers to provide effective and quality home care services.
- Oversee training/competencies for the caregivers when appropriate. Responsible for determining caregiver competency level.
- Provides support and direction to Agency staff, other health care professionals, clients, and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of documentation in accordance with Agency policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Provides educational programs and information regarding appropriate documentation practices at Clinical Supervisor's discretion to caregivers in need.
- Provides leadership to team and directs staff in identifying Agency/client needs and opportunities for quality improvement.
- Provides on-site supervision per Agency policy and as needed to determine staff competency and respond to educational and developmental needs.
- Follows Agency guidelines for disciplinary actions. Documents all disciplinary actions in accordance with company policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the Tuberculosis screening program and Hepatitis B program.
- Manages consumer admissions, reassessments, and visits.
- Reviews Agency policies and procedures and recommends changes or revisions as needed.
- Clinical on-call duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- 1+ year homecare experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Current and valid RN license.
- Evidence of Tuberculosis screening that meets CDC guidelines.
- Current and valid CPR certification.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Supportive of OSH's Core Values and of team concept.
- Able to work in a fast paced work environment.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at client sites.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include moving up to 50lbs and extensive self-positioning.
- Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Back to top