IT Tech Support Specialist
- Philadelphia, PA
IT Technical Support Specialist
Open Systems is on a mission to change traditional notions of homecare. We aren't your typical homecare company. We are a homecare startup experiencing explosive growth because we look at homecare differently.
The OSH team is comprised of motivated professionals who thrive in a dynamic environment, are always reaching towards new goals, and are obsessed with growth. They set paths of achievement...then go out and make them happen. Careers (notice we don't call them jobs) in the home care industry offer the perfect mix of positive challenges and reward. At OSH, the sky is truly the limit for IT professionals, who want to use technology to connect people with quality care and make a difference in our growing company - plus take control of their income and professional development potential.
The IT Team at OSH operates behind the scenes providing support to our 18 offices. Every day is full of challenges as our teams, operations, and systems continue to grow and evolve. The IT team is one of all hands on deck and operates together as unit rather than in a rigid hierarchy. As a result, the role of Tech Support here looks a bit different than anywhere else. In this role, you will be responsible for traditional tasks like troubleshooting and managing tickets, but also will be expected to roll up your sleeves learning new tech and proposing solutions to make our overall business more efficient.
Describe my day:
It may sound cliché but there isn't a typical day here. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and dynamic, but we'll do our best to give you a taste.
Firstly, it imperative to understand that you are a member of a team. Not only are you a member of a bus IT team, you are extension of every branch. Every day you will handle diverse issues from a variety of sources all focused on keeping us up and running. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, what this really means is you will be involved in:
- Frontline Helpdesk Support: handle all tiers of tickets in conjunction with IT team using Fresh Service Ticketing System
- Office 365 Administration: Oversee all Groups and application troubleshooting in Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Remote Monitoring and Management: monitor all devices using Teamviewer remote control system
- Phone Systems Management: using the Osmosis system manage all phone functions and requests escalating to provider EvolveIP when needed
- SharePoint Administration: Manage company intranet setting permissions, creating users and folders, overseeing all tickets
- New Office Setup: working with branch staff on IT needs including firewalls, switches, printers, and wiring for new or expanded office space
- Purchasing and Inventory Management: using Azure and Intune Active Directory will monitor all company devices and will work directly with supplier vendors to secure new machines and devices when needed
- System Support and Integration: working cross-functionally with teams on internal systems ensuring proper integration and technical support as needed
- Business Intelligence: assisting leadership with business intelligence initiatives using IT data to drive overall business efficiency
- Technology Roadmap: monthly meetings with team and consultancy to create IT roadmaps for specific projects and overall IT vision of OSH
So if an IT position rooted in variety and growth with day-to-day changes regularly, appeals to you, read on to find out what you need to bring to the table.
We always say here at OSH that we hire character and train skill. So what kind of character do we need?
- Is Focused. There can be many distractions in your office: employees coming in to speak to you, phones ringing, high noise levels etc. The ability to tune to your own channel is key.
- Has Personality. This seems obvious, but we are a no wallflower zone. Our culture is a value oriented one where we want characters.
- Can Juggle. You will always have at least 5 balls in the air here. We need people who can manage many tasks sometimes with their eyes closed.
- Likes Hats. You will wear just a few here. We need someone who looks good in most of them, or at the very least will try them on.
- Asks Questions. Change is a constant at OSH. We look for people question the traditional to make us better. We want those who are solution seekers.
- Is a go-getter. IT operates with a fair amount of independence. We demand our people are eager to grow, open to communicate, and able to stay on task.
Back to top