Human Resources Coordinator (HRC)
Open Systems is on a mission to change traditional notions of homecare. We aren’t your typical homecare company. We are a homecare startup experiencing explosive growth because we look at homecare differently.
The OSH team is comprised of motivated professionals who thrive in a dynamic environment, are always reaching towards new goals, and are obsessed with growth. They set paths of achievement…then go out and make them happen. Careers (notice we don’t call them jobs) in the home care industry offer the perfect mix of positive challenges and reward. At OSH, the sky is truly the limit for sales, recruiting and HR professionals who want to connect people with quality care and make a difference in our growing company — plus take control of their income and professional development potential.
Human Resources at OSH is a dynamic department with representation in every one of our branch offices. Our HRC role is designed as a starting point to your career with OSH. HRCs are the real motor of every office. In this role, you will be responsible for the hiring of our caregiving staff keeping in compliance and working side by side with our sales team.
Describe my day:
It may sound cliché but there isn’t a typical day here. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and dynamic, but we’ll do our best to give you a taste.
Firstly, it imperative to understand that here at OSH HR is a function of sales. Our HR team looks a bit different than normal. You will be integral to the business development process as for us compliance is the backbone of sales. Every day you will oversee the onboarding of all caregiving staff while following our very extensive list of policies and procedures. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, what this really means is you will be involved in:
- Credentialing: We work collaboratively with the entire team to ensure that all caregivers are always up to date on their required credentials. This includes, sending out monthly reports to caregivers, follow up calls, running reports, or even just catching them when they are in the office.
- Training: The HR Department will ensure that each caregiver is given the proper training in order to provide the highest level of care to our consumers both upon hire and annually.
- Audits: We conduct audits of caregivers’ personnel files on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This includes checking all trainings, CDC requirements and OSH forms are correct and up to date.
- Onboarding: compliantly hire all external employees, conducting background checks, screening candidates, and following all internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations.
So if a dynamic position where you will bridge the gap between sales and HR appeals to you, read on to find out what you need to bring to the table.
What you should bring with you:
We always say here at OSH that we hire character and train skill. So what kind of character do we need?
- Knows It’s All About the Details. Hires, audits, onboarding scheduling, etc. You will have your hand in multiple pots and skimping on details does not fly here.
- Has Patience for a Middle Name. Or it could be your first name! You will be dealing with many different personalities and rarely are two situations ever the same. We need someone who can take that deep breath and stay professional.
- Isn’t A Pushover. As an HRC you will occasionally need to wrangle our sales team in, reminding them that one thing we don’t compromise on is compliance. Don’t worry we’ll provide the lassos.
- Has Personality. This seems obvious, but we are a no wallflower zone. Our culture is a value oriented one where we want characters.
- Can Tell Time…And Manage It. This role is largely independent. You will need to know how to prioritize your schedule and how to accomplish all your tasks in a timely manner.
- Asks Questions. Change is a constant at OSH. We look for people question the traditional to make us better. We want those who are solution oriented seekers.
- Is empathetic. Our caregivers come from all walks of life and each has their own unique story. You need to be relatable and understanding.
- Wants Growth. This is dynamic company with a quick promotion track. Learning and development is a strong focus here at OSH. You’ll have many opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We don’t set your limits, you do.
- Loves Travel. Ok you don’t have to love it, but you will have to do it from time to time to meet and hire caregivers.
Back to top