- Philadelphia, PA
Position Overview: Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management in supporting company-wide operations. This position provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry). Carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, onboarding, policy development and implementation, and employment law compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation and editing of personnel policies and procedures; assist with preparation and maintenance of employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Prepare government reports related to EEO compliance or other HR functions.
- Responds to and investigates employee relation issues such as but not limited to employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Take phone calls relating to client and caregiver complaints and manages and resolves complex employee relations and client grievance issues in collaboration with the office. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Consults legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
- Develops, streamlines, enhances and provides onboarding to internal employees and continuous education in collaboration with other appropriate departments.
- Maintains internal employee personnel files as well as overall recordkeeping and ensure their compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Enforces company-wide employment law compliance using established systems to assess needs.
- Maintains a HRIS that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Promote proactive approaches using the HRIS to solve business needs/problems while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
- Researches, analyzes data and prepares reports on HR trends, new HR project suggestions and current program goals and progress.
- Participates in HR projects, providing assistance as needed.
- Other duties as required and assigned by OSH representative.
- Follows Open Systems Healthcare's Policies and Procedures.
- Follows Federal, State and local rules and regulations pertaining to home care services.
- 4-year degree (BS/BA) preferred.
- 1-2 years Human Resource experience or HR degree/certification preferred.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and actions and achieves results with little oversight.
- Conscientious: Conscientious in work ethic and interpersonal management
- Motivation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Complex Problem Solving: Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Development and Continual Learning: Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Active Listening.
- Systems Evaluation.
- Critical Thinking.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond appropriately to the needs of internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis and manage time efficiently.
- Public relations ability, interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner.
- This role functions in an office environment.
- Estimated 15% travel possible, dependent on need.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Ability to effectively communicate externally as well as internally with all levels of the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Back to top