Open Systems is on a mission to change traditional notions of homecare. We aren’t your typical homecare company. We are a homecare startup experiencing explosive growth because we look at homecare differently.
The OSH team is comprised of motivated professionals who thrive in a dynamic environment, are always reaching towards new goals, and are obsessed with growth. They set paths of achievement…then go out and make them happen. Careers (notice we don’t call them jobs) in the home care industry offer the perfect mix of positive challenges and reward. At OSH, the sky is truly the limit for sales, recruiting and HR professionals who want to connect people with quality care and make a difference in our growing company — plus take control of their income and professional development potential.
Recruiters are the backbone of our branch offices. Every day is full of challenges and we look for individuals who view those challenges as a stepping stone in their career. This role is intended to be your first step on the path to running your own office for us (75% of our branch leaders started here). In this role you will be the point of contact for all caregivers and consumers, and as a result will become an expert in case and crisis management, sales, and communication.
Describe my day:
It may sound cliché but there isn’t a typical day here. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and dynamic, but we’ll do our best to give you a taste.
Firstly, it imperative to understand that you are a member of a team. succeed or fail you will do it together. Every day you will manage our caregiving staff with the goal of meeting our consumers’ individualized care plans. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, what this really means is you will be involved in:
- Caregiver Management: the interviewing, hiring, supervision, development, and performance evaluation of all caregivers
- Business development: identifying and pursuing growth opportunities that contribute to branch goals.
- Community relationships: building relationships with facilities, supports coordinators, charitable partners, and the community as a whole
- Consumer Care: staffing cases to specific care needs and personalities, communication, and overall support
- On-Call: working in rotation with your team we provide around the clock support for our consumers
So if a management in training position where you will participate in sales, payroll, sales, HR, sales, recruiting, and everything else (did we mention sales?) appeals to you, read on to find out what you need to bring to the table.
What you should bring with you:
We always say here at OSH that we hire character and train skill. So what kind of character do we need?
- Is Focused. There can be many distractions in your office: employees coming in to speak to you, phones ringing, high noise levels etc.
- Has Personality. This seems obvious, but we are a no wallflower zone. Our culture is a value oriented one where we want characters.
- Can Juggle. You will always have at least 5 balls in the air here. We need people who can manage many tasks sometimes with their eyes closed.
- Likes Hats. You will wear just a few here. We need someone who looks good in most of them, or at the very least will try them on.
- Asks Questions. Change is a constant at OSH. We look for people question the traditional to make us better. We want those who are solution seekers.
- Is empathetic. Our consumers come to us at a difficult time in their lives. We demand our people are empathetic, relatable, and above all professional.
- Wants Growth. This is dynamic company with a quick promotion track. Learning and development is a strong focus here at OSH. You’ll have many opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We don’t set your limits, you do.
Meet Some of Open Systems Healthcare's Employees
Matthew A.Account Executive, Home Health
Matthew focuses on creating healthy lives for infants and young patients as part of the Open Systems Home Health division. He also helps expand this category and bring quality care to more people.
Back to top