Technical Support Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Technical Support Engineer
The role will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical SMS Network Engineer, providing technical assistance around our global SMS Platform connections. This role will become part of our Technical Support Team in our London office. This will require working closely with teams worldwide.
What you'll be doing
- Responding to and triaging technical support enquiries from our customer via telephone and email.
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools, database and log file analysis.
- Raising technical problems to relevant internal and external parties as necessary.
- Regularly updating customers on open support tickets.
- Active handling of internal system alerts, including alarms from monitoring.
- Actively helping to identify ways to improve internal support practices and procedures, including recommending any identified improvements to the tools used by the support team
- Reviewing and suggesting updates to customer facing documentation based on reported customer issues
- Helping to build and maintain a library of support documentation for use by the global team
What to bring
- You will bring excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with a genial and professional manner
- A good numerate degree
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interest in computing and technology
- Enthusiasm and diligence
- Be comfortable working in a small, dynamic busy team
- Schedule flexibility to cope with the needs of our worldwide distributed customers established in different time zones
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and you welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- You are self-motivation and take ownership of tasks and complete them by collaborating with team
- Your schedule allows accommodating for operational needs to be able and assist our worldwide customer base
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top