Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
You will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical support engineers, providing technical support to our customers for a wide range of OpenMarket services and products. You will become part of the support team in our Southfield office. This role requires working closely with a number of internal teams worldwide, not just within the support group and also offers substantial opportunities for increased responsibility and role-scope as the team continues to grow in the future.
What you’ll be doing
- Responding to and triaging technical support enquiries from our customers via telephone and email
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools, database and log file analysis
- Escalating technical problems to relevant internal and external parties as necessary
- Regularly updating customers on open support tickets
- Active handling of internal system alerts, including alarms from monitoring
- Proactively helping to identify ways to improve internal support practices and procedures, including recommending any identified improvements to the tools used by the support team
- Reviewing and suggesting updates to customer facing documentation based on reported customer issues
- Helping to build and maintain a library of support documentation for use by the global team
What to bring
- A good numerate degree from a respected university
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with a genial and professional manner
- Strong interest in computing and technology
- Enthusiasm and diligence
- Be comfortable working in a small, dynamic, busy team
- Want to take responsibility and be proactive particularly in issue management
- Strong self-motivation and time-management skills
Nice to have
- Computer Science degree
- Practical experience of databases, Linux (e.g. shell scripting) and networking (TCP/IP, HTTP and other common Internet protocols)
- Customer facing experience
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy…
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Working with some of the world’s top brands
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Southfield, MI.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top