Technical Support Engineer
OpenMarket helps the biggest brands in the world use mobile messaging to connect with their customers in the moments when it counts. When they need to be there and be responsive in real-time. When customer experience isn’t just a buzzword: it’s an obsession. By combining a powerful, scalable and reliable platform with a deep understanding of how text messaging can transform business processes, OpenMarket works with enterprises to roll out timely, useful and context-sensitive mobile messaging at massive scale. OpenMarket is a division of Amdocs and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with regional offices in Detroit, London, Sydney, Pune, and Guadalajara.
We help enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a shared and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Collaboration. Does this sound like you?
About The Role
The role will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical SMS Network Engineer, providing technical assistance around our global SMSC binds. This role will become part of our Global SMSC bind management team in our Seattle office. This will require working closely with teams worldwide.
What you'll be doing
- Responding to and triaging technical support inquiries from our customer via telephone and email.
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools, database, and log file analysis.
- Raising technical problems to relevant internal and external parties as necessary.
- Regularly updating customers on open support tickets.
- Active handling of internal system alerts, including alarms from monitoring.
- Actively helping to identify ways to improve internal support practices and procedures, including recommending any identified improvements to the tools used by the support team
- Reviewing and suggesting updates to customer facing documentation based on reported customer issues
- Helping to build and maintain a library of support documentation for use by the global team
What to bring
- You will bring Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills with a genial and professional manner
- A good numerate degree from a respected university
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in computing and technology
- Enthusiasm and diligence
- Be comfortable working in a small, dynamic busy team.
You’ll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and you welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- You are self-motivation and take ownership of tasks and complete them by collaborating with the team.
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top