Technical Business Analyst
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you? Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
Technical Business Analyst
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. You will ensure that good decisions are being made, procedures are being followed and project time lines and milestones are met. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to find ways to meet our customer’s objectives and requirements. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, modernize and standardize.
You will drive and document business requirement discussions for use by IT system personnel or other project participants; provide project leadership of company’s strategic and tactical initiatives; assist with oversight of efficient business processes and tooling; and support the business and technical teams with system and data analytical toolsets.
What you’ll be doing
- Meet with stakeholders, business/system owners and end users to define business requirements backed by strategic, financial and operational goals.
- Manage and track the status of requirements; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Gather, compile and document user requirements.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, deployment, and testing of new or enhanced software applications.
- Create detailed test plans for new development and maintain regression testing suites for existing functionality.
- Serve as a liaison between systems development and business users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction of major application systems.
- Using standard project management methodologies, direct and manage multiple projects from initial planning through project completion.
- Manage and facilitate communications with business stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create process models, specifications and diagrams, looking for opportunities to improve and/or drive down operational cost by using technology solutions.
- Support operations team by gathering project requirements, analyzing them, defining project objectives and overseeing project work from the planning phase to project completion.
What to bring
- 4-6 years’ experience in project management and requirements gathering.
- 2+ years of experience in an agile development environment.
- 2+ years working in a Linux environment.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing test plans, scenarios, and cases.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business objectives of multiple complex projects through critical thinking and asking probing questions.
- Understanding of technical and system environments. Experience in developing requirements and overseeing technology projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various project management, requirement analysis, and process improvement methodologies.
- Skills in establishing relationships and influencing people across organizational and functional lines. Shown accountability for project delivery.
- Self-motivated to thrive and perform in a multi-project, forward-looking working environment.
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, information systems, or related field or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in Seattle, Washington.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top