Software Engineer (Client Facing)
Software Engineer (Client Facing), London
OpenMarket powers mobile. We provide major enterprises with the tools and the expertise to engage their customers over wireless devices.
We’re small(ish), creative and agile; we’re passionate about technology and about doing software development right. We offer challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, intelligent people who are always learning, take pride in their work, and get things done. Does that sound like you?
About the team — Solutions Consulting
Solutions Consulting is a team of customer-facing software developers who know OpenMarket products inside out. We make our customers’ lives simple - whatever they need, we can build on top of our products to get the job done.
Overview of the role
You will work as part of a small engineering team in our London office, working on software development projects and fulfilling a technical customer-facing role across all OpenMarket products and services.
You will drive communication both externally with our customers, and internally within OpenMarket. You’ll collaborate with our enterprise customers to design the solution that meets their needs, and drive product feature development across the service teams within OpenMarket.OpenMarketResponsibilities and duties
Solutions Consultants split their time between software development and consulting. You’ll have to be comfortable in both roles, but everybody’s different - the balance day-to-day will depend on your particular strengths and interests.
Design, develop and maintain custom software solutions.
- You will form close relationships with customers such as Cancer Research UK, Children in Need, Virgin, and some of the UK’s major broadcast companies, crafting software solutions to meet their precise requirements
- You will develop custom software projects in Java, ranging from high-performance back-end integration infrastructure through to fully-featured web applications.
- You will apply the extensive OpenMarket product set to build and run mobile campaigns such as the Disaster Emergency Committee's fundraising for Nepal and Channel 4's Stand Up to Cancer.
Support new and existing customers of OpenMarket products, commission or develop custom software as needed.
- You will provide an authoritative technical perspective on the capabilities of all our products, including MEP, SMS and MMS
- You will lead project delivery on behalf of customers
- You will work with external partners and the sales team to design and launch projects
- You will coordinate between customers (both in the UK and globally) and our London- and Seattle-based service teams
- Programming experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Enthusiasm for working closely with customers and colleagues from commercial teams
- Problem-solving, curious, analytical mind
- Strong self-motivation and time-management skills
- Familiarity with dependency injection, unit testing, mocking frameworks
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Experience managing project delivery to strict timelines
- Interesting personal projects
About OpenMarketOpenMarket, a subsidiary of Amdocs, helps enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. We provide smart, interactive connectivity to more than 200 countries, enabling businesses to engage with nearly every mobile user around the world. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business. For more information, visit www.openmarket.com.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top