Software Development Manager
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide.
We’re passionate about technology and about doing software development right. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we embrace new initiatives to extend and enhance the features and capabilities of our global, high-availability platforms and services.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
You're a great fit if you....
- enjoy leading a small, fast-moving and agile team focused on successful delivery
- like solving hard problems
- like being a part of an exceptional company that pushes you to learn and grow
- love taking a leading role in technical discussions and mentoring other developers
- relish the thought of designing, implementing, testing and deploying production ready features
- strive to continuously improve and drive technical issues to completion
- are self-motivated and able to prioritise your own and others’ work and time
- have strong communication skills, across deep technical matters and commercial business discussions
- enjoy using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- are an evangelist for technology and engineering best-practice
- want to play a key role in building great development teams
Required Skills and Experience; you have....
- Successfully managed a software engineering team (approx 7 people)
- Demonstrable ability to apply Agile development methodologies
- Strong hands-on background with Java software development and tools on Linux
- Proven record of driving process improvement across teams
- Computer Science degree or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Pro-actively take ownership and responsibility for team commitments
- Lead full software lifecycle from requirements through design, development, deployment and support
- Own product technical roadmap, liaising with product management, clients and other stakeholders
- Use Agile QA techniques to ensure software quality in continuous deployment environment
- Create development plans and manage progress (creating, tracking, reporting and remediating)
- Motivate people: coaching, mentoring staff within and beyond own team
- Take responsibility for escalation of live issues to engineering and meet strict customer SLAs
- Distributed, multi-threaded, SOA and SaaS system architectures
- Multi-tiered, high-performance, highly-available, scalable systems
- System and data security and integrity
- Java (including Hibernate, Spring, Guice)
- Linux: scripting languages (bash, python); system administration
- Databases: both relational (MySQL) and “no-SQL” (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop, HBase)
- Web Services: REST, SOA, Microservices, Jetty, Jersey, Apache, Tomcat, Wicket
- Software development tools (Jira, maven, git, jenkins, docker)
- Unit testing frameworks (junit, jmock, hamcrest, TestNG)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, SMPP)
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top