Software Development Manager
OpenMarket helps the biggest brands in the world use mobile messaging to connect with their customers in the moments when it counts. When they need to be there and be responsive in real-time. When customer experience isn’t just a buzzword: it’s an obsession. By combining a powerful, scalable and reliable platform with a deep understanding of how text messaging can transform business processes, OpenMarket works with enterprises to roll out timely, useful and context-sensitive mobile messaging at massive scale. OpenMarket is a division of Amdocs and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with regional offices in Detroit, London, Sydney, Pune, and Guadalajara.
We help enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
Do you enjoy breaking down large, multi-functional technical problems and leading the resources required to make things happen? Do you want to play a key role in building great development teams?
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a technical team comprised of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and program managers. You will provide guidance and support to your team throughout the software development lifecycle as they build projects and services in an agile environment. Working with small, dedicated service teams, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.What to bring
- A collaborative working style to champion OpenMarket's culture and team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across technical matters and business discussions
- Strong software design and problem-solving skills while considering the bigger picture
- Experience with high availability and scalability of web services and microservices
- Ability to analyze business requirements and drive projects to deliver value to meet customer needs
- Ability to work through roadblocks and provide solutions
- Ability to motivate and empower people in a positive work environment
- Ability to discern the emotions and opinions of others, as well as recognize how your own behavior influences others
- Willingness to have an advocacy mindset to address the needs of your team
- Ability to "manage up" in the organization, with a willingness to initiate difficult conversations
- Enthusiasm for actively mentoring and giving feedback, as well as receiving feedback from others
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Java server-side software design
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.Additional Information
This role is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top