Java Software Developer – London, UK
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide.
We’re passionate about technology and about doing software development right. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success.
You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we get stuck into solving all sorts of interesting problems such as improving the geo-redundancy and scalability of the platform, as well as upgrading and modernizing our technology stack.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
You’re a great fit if you love...
- being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that pushes you to learn and grow as an engineer
- solving hard problems
- working with some of the world’s top brands
- taking an active part in technical discussions with the team
- designing, implementing, testing and deploying production ready features
- to continuously improve and drive technical issues to completion
- working independently on complex design and development tasks
Required Skills and Experience
- Solid commercial Java development experience
- Relational databases (MySQL with Hibernate)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, JMock, Hamcrest)
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience designing and developing highly available and scalable SaaS applications
- RESTful Web Services / SOA / Microservices architectures
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop)
- Solid academic background
Back to top