We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Would you like opportunities to explore and build new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our service oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, and monitoring of the services they own. In addition, some off-hours/on-call support may be required in a “last tier” support capacity.
What to bring
- Core Java knowledge required
- Some database knowledge, preferably MySQL
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data, or other ORM library
- Experience with Spring Framework or other dependency injection framework
- Experience with Maven and Git
You’ll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor's degree in technology or mathematics preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered equally
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top