Senior Technical Program Manager
Senior Technical Program Manager
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce--the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Key to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? As an integral member of a development team, you will be leading projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development lifecycle, from project initiation to post production support. You are a guru in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you’ll be doing
- There are two types of Program Managers in this world: a scorekeeper and a quarterback; we are looking for a quarterback; a driver
- Gathering, analyzing, and writing of functional specifications
- Developing project plans and schedules to meet business objectives. Acting as liaison with various groups and departments
- Working with individuals and group managers to estimate duration for activities and establishing common targets
- Acting as the focal point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- Continuously working with the service team to evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
- Coordinating the team's Agile practices
- Working with external customers and partners on integration projects
What to bring
- 5+ years of Program or Technical Project Management in a technical engineering environment
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Experience with HTTP web services and familiarity with REST
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Tailors communications to the appropriate audience: wonderfully succinct
- A collaborative working style--work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, information security, or high availability, a plus
You’ll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelors degree in MIS or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top